pointman11479 asks via YouTube,
I’m looking to do a new prepaid carrier what one would you recommend?
I think it more important to first understand your needs and then pick the prepaid wireless service and plan that meets your needs. I have been working on some articles about this but for now I’d say consider these points.
- Pick a prepaid wireless service that uses a network that has coverage in the areas that you use your phone.
- Consider how much time you spend talking on the phone. Do you need unlimited calling or can you get by with a by the minute plan
- Same is true for text messages.. unlimited or by the message plan.
- If you don’t spend much time talking on the phone or exchanging text messages you may be able to save some money.
- Next think about how my data to you need? are you going to use a smartphone? do you plan on connecting to the internet using Wi-Fi most of the time? Most plans come with a fixed mount of data measured in GB, but many offer significantly reduced speed data after.
- Do you need the option to buy more data if you run out during a billing cycle?
- Do you already have a phone? Make sure its compatible with the service you choose.
- Do you require a lot of customer service to help you get going? Prepaid is more of a Do It Yourself experience.
- Are there any other features you require? Voicemail, WiFi calling, Mobile hotspot.
- Consider cost / features. Some services are less expensive than others, while other offer better features.
Once you have considered these issues it easier to recommend a prepaid wireless plan.