Well, actually I can. However many readers are reporting that they are having problems receiving MMS messages using Straight Talk and Net10. The reports have started coming in after the update to iOS 7.0.4. But here is the thing, I got a similar report from a Windows phone user and someone on iOS 6 too. Possibly an Android user too, but I don’t have enough info on that case yet.
I wonder if the problem is on the Straight Talk and Net10 network and not with your phones? My MMS seems to be working, at least, in the limited testing I have done. I have exchanged picture messages between two phones, one using Straight Talk, the other using Net10. I also just exchanged pics with a phone on Verizon too.
If you are having a problem, post a comment. Include your phone and OS, you APN settings, and if you can send and or receive. I can’t promise to fix your problem. But if all of you readers share your whats going on for you, we might find a solution.
UPDATE 23 NOV 10:34 AM EST
Many readers are reporting problems with Data and MMS using Straight Talk and Net10.
If you are a Net10 or Straight Talk customer using an iPhone and your data stopped working…
- Remove any APN profiles installed on your iPhone
- Go to Settings->General->Reset and choose Reset All Network Settings
- After your phone restarts, Press and Hold the Home and Lock buttons until it restarts again
- If you don’t see TFW, in the status bar continue to Step 9
- Test your data connection
- Test sending & receiving MMS (if you care about MMS)
- If your phone works you are done
- if it doesn’t continue on
- Follow one of my guides to set up your data or data and MMS
- When you install the APN profile, try the tfdata APN profile first
- Leave a comment if you have a question.
Guides for above:
How to Setup Straight Talk Wireless Data and MMS for your iPhone running iOS 7
How to Set up Net10 Web, Data, and MMS for Your iPhone Running iOS 7
How to Setup Straight Talk Wireless Data and MMS for your iPhone running iOS 6
How to Setup Net10 Web, Data, and MMS for your iPhone running iOS 6
If you are a Net10 or Straight Talk customer and you can’t receive MMS…
I currently have no solution for this. This problem started this week. There are lots of comments on the subject. I think the problem is the network, not your phone. iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone users have all reported this problem. Keep an eye out here for more info as it becomes available.
A couple of notes.
- changing to a new SIM will not solve the probkem and allow you to receive MMS.
- a ST SIM that cant receive MMS in an iPhone can’t receive MMS in an Android phone
UPDATE 20 NOV 2:45 PM EST
If you leave a comment about your MMS working or not working, let me know how old your SIM card is. Some readers and I wondering if MMS is only working for readers that have the newer SIMs.
UPDATE 19 NOV 3:15 PM EST
I am getting a lot of questions about not being able to receive MMS from Net10 and Straight Talk customers. Apparently, last night Straight Talk and Net10 are sending customers text messages telling them to power their phone off and on to get the latest update. I just got the message too. After I restarted my iPhone it wouldn’t receive MMS. I did a Reset Network Settings and it started working again.
Straight Talk and Net10 have been updating customer’s data and MMS APNs to tfdata from att.mvno and maybe even wap.tracfone. Many readers are reporting the need to update their profiles or SIM swap again.