Finding You Cellular Data Settings
You need to set five mandatory values and one optional value in Cellular Data They are:
- CELLULAR DATA – APN
- MMS – APN
- MMS – MMSC
- MMS – MMS Proxy
- MMS – MMS Max Message Size
- MMS – MMS UA Prof URL
Your CELLULAR DATA – APN is one of three values, tfdata, wap.tracfone, or att.mvno which you should know from the previous section. Your MMS – APN is the same as your CELLULAR DATA – APN. Your MMSC and MMS Proxy depend on what value your MMSC is. See the list of values below. Your MMS Max Message Size is
1048576. Your MMS UA Prof URL is
http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf. This value is optional. I never add it. Some readers claim their MMS does not work without it.
Look up your Cellular Data Network Settings
Lookup your APN settings on the Straight Talk Support web site.
- Enter your 10 digit phone number.
- Select Android 4.0 & 4.1 (yes – choose this option)
- Type Enter and Click / Tap Search.
Your Straight Talk APN settings are displayed on the lower left. Note, The FIELD names are not a one to one match for the fields in your phone’s APN settings.
For iOS 7:
- NAME = not used
- APN = APN (in CELLULAR DATA)
- MMS_APN = APN (in MMS)
- MMS PROXY and MMS PORT = MMS Proxy (MMS Proxy:MMS PORT)
- You may also find that the settings from Straight Talk don’t work for you. You can try the alternative values in the list below.
Don’t let this confuse you. Just remember the values and continue on.