How to Setup Net10 Web, Data, and MMS for your iPhone running iOS 6

UPDATE: 10/8/2013
I have a new guide for iOS 7.
How to Set up Net10 Web, Data, and MMS for Your iPhone Running iOS 7

UPDATE: NOV 19 2013

Many readers are reporting problems that they are having trouble sending or receiving MMS over the last few days. If you are having a problem please leave a comment here: I Can’t Receive MMS Picture Messages Using Straight Talk or Net10 on My iPhone Using iOS 7.0.4

I wrote this guide to share with you how I setup Net10 Wireless Access Point Name or APN for Data and MMS Picture Messaging to work on my iPhone 5. The guide should work for any iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, or iPhone 5 that is running iOS 6.

If you have an iPhone running iOS 6 and your Data, your MMS, or neither are working, read on. If your  Net10 Data or MMS is not working for some other phone, you can leave a comment on this page.

If you are looking for the  Net10 network settings  or Net10 internet settings or Net10 APN this is the guide for you. If your voice and / or SMS isn’t working, this guide won’t help.  You can leave a comment on this page other readers may be able to help.

Configuring the Data and MMS APN for iPhone and Net10 Wireless

You can use two different methods to configure your iPhone’s APN. Method 1 only configures your data APN, but not MMS. Use Method 1, if you don’t care about picture messaging (MMS). Use  Method 2 if you want MMS or Picture Messaging to work. If you have trouble following either method, leave a comment at the bottom and I will try to help you.

Read the entire guide and make an give it a try before leaving a comment to ask for help.  Follow the Next Page link to begin reading the guide.

695 Comments

1. Rebecca | | Reply

Hi Bob,

I just switched to Net10 two days ago. I have a new unlocked iphone4 that I just bought. I updated the APN and got the data working…everything except MMS works. In my Net10 SIM card kit, I only received the AT&T 3G micro SIM card, not any t-mobile SIM card. In order to try this SIM swap, do I need to purchase a t-mobile SIM card? Would that still work, even though it would be a different SIM card number?

Thanks so much!

Hey Rebecca,
      You do need a T-Mobile SIM. I can be any T-Mobile network SIM. It doesn’t need to be active. The only reason we need this SIM, is so that we can access the Cellular Data Network. Try the SIM in any old prepaid phone, or buy a SIM on ebay. They go for 99 cents to 4.99

I want to just let you know that some iPhone 4 owners report not being able to get the SIM swap to work. It works for many, but I do hear from some that say they can never get to the menu.

There is another way to do this without the SIM. It’s kind of tedious. If you want to try that let me know. The SIM swap is easier.

• Rebecca | | Reply

Hi Bob,

I tried to use a Consumer Cellular SIM and the swap didn’t work because as you said might happen, I couldn’t get to the menu. I tried rebooting etc, but “cellular data network” tab never showed up. Can you please send me instructions for the more tedious way?

Thanks!

• Sherry | | Reply

Can you send me the directions for the more tedious way?

(Hi Bob,

Thanks!)

Hi Sherry,
            I responded via email

• could you send me this way also!! | |

I tryed a bunch of stuff and still nothing has come up…

Hi,
            I actually cant tell if this comment is a request for help or spam. Could you clarify?

2. Faith | | Reply

Hi!
    My iphone is a iPhone 4. I am changing providers from AT&T to Net10. I did all of the steps but cannot get my picture messaging to work yet. Also, when I put in the T-Mobil SIM that I cut it does not read “no service” it reads “HOME” but I cannot send messages or make calls from that SIM card. Would I be able to switch the SIM to the TMobil one next month even tho my phone is not unlocked and is from AT&T?

Hi Faith,
      Ok. So you are using the Net10 AT&T SIM., your data works, but not picture messages. Is this correct?
      I have never heard anyone say they get the HOME network indicator with the unactivated T-Mobile SIM. But then again, i have heard a lot of strange things in the here in the comments. If your data is working, what APN are you using?

I am not sure I understand why you would want to switch to the T-Mobile sim next month, to get MMS? let’s try to get it to work with the Net10 ATT SIM first.

3. James T | | Reply

I recently left a comment after all went well using the sim switch with iphone 4. Well now I’ve upgraded to an iphone 4S. I repeated the process but got stopped at No. 1. not finding the Profile. You stated in No 1- If Profile is present. What if Profile is NOT present. What is the next step. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi James,
      The next step is 2. If the profile is present you remove it. If it isn’t there, well you cant remove it. 🙂

Sorry. I probably added that step, after you used the guide the first time. You see if you use method 1, it installs a profile. People did that, moved to method 2. But if you dont delete that profile, the values you enter in the SIM swap, won’t work. So a bunch of people used method 1, got data working, did the SIM swap, and their data would work buy not MMS. And that is maddening.

I will update the guide to say to go to step 2. thanks for pointing out that could be confusing.

Let me know if you get that iPhone 4s going!

4. andrea | | Reply

ok… how do I keep the settings from resetting everytime I plug the phone in to the computer?

Hey Andrea
      Can you tell me a little more? You plug your phone into a mac or pc? does itunes open? your data and mms stop working?
      Do tell.
      Regards.

5. Lillee | | Reply

My mom’s boyfriend gave me his old IPhone 3GS so I could use it as a Net10 phone. He set it up himself by using videos on youtube. We put my SIM card from my old Net10 phone into the IPhone. When I went to set up the IPhone a message came up saying “SIM Locked Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate IPhone”. And When I clicked ‘unlock’ a password lock came up, it was similar to the kind of password to get into an IPhone if you set one. The only thing is, I didn’t set a password. Would it his old password? Or would I just need a new SIM card? Or something else? Please help, I have no idea what to do.

6. Shelley | | Reply

I am switching from AT&T to Net10. Will these instructions work for me even though your instructions reference TMobile???? If not, do you know how I can make it work switching from AT&T to Net10?

7. Randy | | Reply

Fought with the MMS thing for awhile and finally got it working on my iphone 4 running 5.1.1. We’ll see if it survives the upgrade to ios6. Here is what I did that finally worked.

1. Removed the apn profile and verified cellular data DID NOT work by trying to use safari.
    2. Turned on wifi
    3. Went to the unlockit.co.nz site and installed the NET10(tfdata) APN profile.
    4. Turned off wifi
    5. Verified cellular data was working using safari.
    6. Went to the homescreen and did the sim swap with a t-mobile sim. While it was “searching” I went to settings->general->network->cellular data settings (This menu finally popped up once the phone said “no service”)
    7. As soon as the cellular data settings option appeared I removed the t-mobile sim and put in my Net10 AT&T sim card and tapped on cellular data settings.

I used the following settings (same as above, but with proof URL added)

Cellular Data:
    APN tfdata

MMS:
    APN tfdata
    MMSC http://mms-tf.net
    MMS Proxy mms3.tracfone.com:80
    MMS Max Message Size 1048576
    MMS UA Proof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

(I obtained the UA proof url setting from a youtube video, not sure if it’s required)

8. After backing out of this menu using the top-left button I tried data and it worked, and then I attempted to send an mms message with a pic to an android phone and it worked.

I’m not 100% sure why it finally worked for me, but if your data connection isn’t working before you change these settings you will definitely not get MMS working so solve that problem first. I have a hunch that once you find a working Data APN it should also be used for the MMS APN. Without a working data connection you won’t be able to do DNS lookups on the hostnames or transfer the MMS content.

• Randy | | Reply

For some reason the max message size field didn’t populate above, it should be 1045876.

Hi Randy,
      Thanks for sharing your experience. You are absolutely correct that you should focus on getting Data working first. Often I hear that some people need to call Net10 to resolve issues when they can’t get data to work. Setting the APN from a profile is relatively easy, its just a matter of finding the one that works.

As for the MMS UA Prof URL, some people claim they cant get MMS to work without it. I myself have never needed to use it. I have never head a claim that it prevented anything from working so I may just add it to the guide.
      Let us know how the iOS 6 update goes!
      Best Regards,

8. Rafay | | Reply

It is necessary to have a sim card on iphone to set up hotspot ?? Please help

Hey Rafay,
      Do you mean can you use Net10 as a internet hotspot? and if so do you need to do the SIM swap? If so, that is a good question. My understanding is that it is against Net10’s terms of service, it tried using it once, and it didn’t work. Normally, you need to set up an APN for internet tethering, but when I sued the TMobile SIM I don’t get that option.

I may look into this. I’ll let you know.

9. Zavier | | Reply

MMS Works For Me .. But Data Doesn’t .. Im Using An iPhone 3gs On The AT&T GoPhone Plan .. I Tried All The APNs For Net10, Still No Data .. Just Only MMS Works For Me

Hi Zavier,
      If you are using AT&T GoPhone you wouldnt want to use the Net10 APN profile. Try the AT&T(PAYG) option on the unlockit web site.
      Let me know if it works.

10. William | | Reply

Hey Bob,

I just used your information for my iPhone 5. The data works fine but I am still unable to send an mms, and also receive one. I used the wap.trafone settings. I tried both but the other one did not work at all. Please advise. iPhone 5, version 6.1.4. Through net 10 ofc with t-mobile 4g nano sim. Thanks. Regular messages and phone calls work as well. I do not have an extra sim to try the sim swap either. Thank you.

Hey William,
      Are you using Net10 with the AT&T or TMobile SIM. Did you buy a Net10 nano SIM or cut it? Let me know and I may be able to tell you which settings to use.

11. Minoo | | Reply

I have an unlocked ATT iPhone5 and got net10 sim. Well I cannot MMS from my phone. I have tried swaping technique w/ my original ATT sim and net10 but it didn’t work. I don’t have T-Mobile Sim and is there any way to still fix the MMS for my iPhone 5?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

12. cin | | Reply

how to set up net10 data

Hi cin,
      Did you read the guide? Let me know if have any questions.

13. eliza | | Reply

Hi- we did the sim swap method for my husband’s iphone 5 and my 4s (mine is unlocked, his is not) and it is still working for his phone, but mine can’t send or receive picture messages anymore. It worked for a couple days. Should we just redo the sim swap or will that mess other things up? Facetime doesn’t work for either of our phones is there a way to fix that too? Thanks for all your help. Also, we have an iphone 3gs for my daughter that we wanted to do on Net10 pay as you go (it’s just for emergencies) but I’ve read a couple things that make it seem like it will only work on a monthly plan. Do you know if that’s true? Or if it will work with a tracfone sim (she has a tracfone right now) Thanks!

14. Ciara Dorsey | | Reply

Hey Bob, so I’m trying to send messages to my moms iPad and it won’t go through and it says that I need to enable MMS but I don’t have a choice of that on my setting to turn MMS off or on I NEED HELP! And also I can’t send pictures to people without iPhones …

15. Leslie | | Reply

I did the SIM swap and I still can’t get my mms to work. My data works perfectly fine but not for mms sending or receiving. Please help. I’m getting frustrated with this situation

16. Sandy | | Reply

I have the correct apn for the Internet but I still can’t send or receive messages.

Hi Sandy,
      Which APN are you using for data? Did you try the SIM Swap?

• Sandy | | Reply

I tried the sim swap, can’t get the cellular data network to appear. Using tfdata. Thanks, Sandy

• Sandy | | Reply

I have data and Internet. No picture message

17. Sandy | | Reply

I tried the sim swap method. Not only can I not send or receive pictures, now I have no Internet. Please help! Rhanks

Hi Sandy,
      Follow the guide and use the unlockit web site to try each of the net10 APN profiles until you find the one that gets your data working.

When you do let me know which one worked and I can help you with MMS.
      Regards

18. claire | | Reply

i have the i phone 4 too i am on vodafone and hes with giffgaff his friends r with vodafone and they get his txts

Hi Claire,
      I am in the US, not the UK so I don’t know. Here are a couple of things to try.

1. Have your son request a delivery report.
      When sending an SMS simply type *0# at the start of the message. When the other phone receives your text you’ll get a FREE automatic alert letting you know the delivery was successful. This is handy if you’re not sure whether the other phone is switched on or in coverage. This works for texts from your Giffgaff phone to any network, and the *0# won’t be seen in the text the other person receives.

2. Swap SIMs.
      swap your SIMs. verify that he can send and receive texts to his voda friends with your phone and see if his phone gets the texts from your phone with his SIM.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

19. claire | | Reply

hi my sons just got an i phone 4 he can ring me and i can ring him fine but he gets none of my txts and i get none of his yet he can txt his friends etc all ok and so can i du have an answer

20. Holly | | Reply

Okay so I was using method 2 to try to get my mms to work and I tried both APN settings under Data and MMS. It still didnt work. Any other options? Email me if possible.

• Holly | | Reply

Also I can’t reply to my mail

Hi Holly,
        Let’s make sure your data and mms are working and then look into the email problem.

Hi Holly,
      Is your data working? Did you data ever work? If so how did you set it up?

Let me know

• Holly | | Reply

Yes my data worked. I verified the profile when I first got a phone then went through your process when I tried to set up my MMS. Unfortunately my MMS still doesn’t work.
        When I looked into the email problem it told me I needed to look into the outgoing server and maybe try to change that but I don’t know what to change it to.

Hi Holly,
          OK. Your data is currently working. You tried the SIM swap, entered the APN values, and your data still works but not MMS.
          Is this correct?

21. Aretha | | Reply

Hi Bob, I have an IPhone 4 with Net10 service running IOS 6.1.3. I did the swap using a tmobile SIM card. But those steps didn’t work for me so I lefty Tmobile SIM card in my iPhone I applied the wap.tracfone setting and I have data and also can receive picture messages. What other changes can I do to enable my Iphone4 to send picture messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi Aretha,
      I am a little confused.
      You have Net10 service using the AT&T SIM card
      You did the SIM swap and the steps didn’t work.. (which steps… what happened)
      You left the tMobile in your phone, and that SIM it is working?

Let me know the answers and I will try to help.

Regards

22. Kim | | Reply

I have tried this many times and I still can’t get MMS to work on my iphone 3gs on the net10 network. I do the swap exactly as it was supposed to be but then it’s like the settings don’t stick. Am I missing something? SOOO frustrating.

Hi Kim,
      Sorry to hear that you are having a problem. When you say the settings don’t stick,do you mean it works for a while and then stops or data and or MMS never work at all? Can you check to see that you don’t have any Carrier APN Profiles installed? Go to Settings->General->Profile->and remove any Carrier setting profiles.
      Let me know how it goes.

• V | | Reply

Try these settings

APN Settings: iPhone 4/4S
      Cellular Data
      APN: tfdata

MMS
      APN: tfdata
      MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
      MMS Proxy: mms2.tracfone.com:80
      MMS Max Message Size: 1048576

Hi V,
        thanks for commenting. Were these the settings that worked for you?

23. Debbie | | Reply

Does anyone have any answers to the issue of loss of Visual Voice Mail with an iPhone and Net 10? I have VVM for the first 3 weeks of Net 10. Then it just disappeared. They have told me multiple things: Net 10 dies not support VVM, there is something wrong with my phone, they just cannot figure out what’s wrong, etc., etc.

Any ideas?

Hi Debbie,
      You are the first person I have heard from that said they have been able to use visual voice mail on Net10. I have had that on my list of issues for another guide. I have heard that many people are using a 3rd party application called YouMail as a replacement for VVM, I haven’t tried it myself. My understanding is that even though Net10 runs on the AT&T network, they are not using the same voicemail service that supports VVM. I am not sure why it worked for you for three weeks. For those first three weeks, sid you have data and mms? Did you change anything.

I’ll follow up with you via email after I learn a little more.

24. Gary | | Reply

Addendum…oh yes…and by the way, I was using the Simple Mobile (Tmobile SIM card) and MMS was working…so I know the GPP sim card is performing its unlock function…

Hey Gary,
      Try the following. If tfdata is working for data try:
      APN tfdata
      MMS
      APN tfdata
      MMSC http://mms-tf.net
      MMS Proxy mms2.tracfone.com:80
      MMS Max Message Size 1048576
      Let me know how it goes
      Regards

• Gary | | Reply

Thanks Bob…tried it…still can only send mms…not receive…

Hi Gary,
          I just want to confirm that tfdata was the only APN that got your data working. Correct?
          try adding MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf and see if that helps.
          Let me know how that goes.

Regards

• Gary | |

Hi Bob…added the ua prof url…still not working…to answer your question…I didn’t try the other apn’s as I assumed that if I have a working data connection that this provides a potentially good portal for mms…should I try the other apn’s?

• Gary | |

Uh…I’m not sure what happened…as I was trying the different options to get my iPhone to receive mms…and thenwent back to the original of:

APN: tfdata
            MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
            MMS PROXY: 66.209.11.32:80
            SIZE: 1048576

…and I was able to receive mms…soooooooo weird…THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP BOB!

on a separate note…do you know how to get my iMessage to recognize my new phone#?

Hey Gary,
            Getting MMS to work just goes that way. We are all working around the cellular data network options being hidden, etc. I get maybe a dozen people a day ask for help. Some are reluctant to walk through the steps i give them, saying I did that. The people they try each step again usually get it to work whether it was user error or software error the first time.
            I am glad it is working!

I haven’t tried this, but it may help your iMessage problem.

I’d start by checking the Send & Receive options in Message settings and make sure your new number if there.

25. Gary | | Reply

Hello…I have the Net10 At&t sim card. I have a Sprint iPhone using the GPP Sim card adapter. The Cellular Network Data settings are appearing so I think I don’t need to do the Tmobile swap thing (my understanding is that it’s to get the Cellular Network Data menu to show up…right?) I tried the two different settings…using the tfdata as well as the wap.tracfone. The tfdata works great for the internet on the phone. My main problem is receiving MMS. I can send MMS…but no luck in receiving MMS.

I have tried the straight wap.tracfone and tfdata (MMS) settings as listed above. I have tried wap.tracfone settings below with the tfdata as the APN for the MMS settings and I have tried the tfdata MMS settings and leaving wap.tracfone as the APN. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Gary

26. Mariel | | Reply

another question does the iphone have to be unlocked to be used on the net10 network?

Hi Mariel,
      I responded to you in an email.

27. Mariel | | Reply

I have a iphone 4s from at&t. I paid for the phone to be unlocked but before the unlock is complete it says that I have to use a non-original sim to complete it. Can I use the net10 sim to do this or did I get swindled

28. Leslie | | Reply

Hello Bob, I hadn’t done the ITunes restore on my phone, but I went ahead and I did it. So when I put in the T-mobile SIM card the Cellular Network Data appeared! & then I followed the rest of the instructions you have. And Everything worked Data and MMS.

Thank you so much Bob! I appreciate all your help & patience. You are Gid sent! God Bless You! 🙂

Have a GREAT DAY!

Hi Leslie,
      I am glad it worked for you! Remember to write down which settings worked, and save that T-Mobile SIM. If you update your iPhone software, you may need to enter the settings again.

29. Dia | | Reply

i work in cellphone store and i find out if this apns didnt work ,, u can just call the company and change ur sim card and i will start working right way ..thank you

Hi Dia,
      Thanks for sharing that tip.

30. Debbie | | Reply

I have iPhone4, I just switched to net10 on AT&T yesterday, data and voice are working, I would like to try your sim swap to get MMS working, which non-AT&T sim card I should buy?
    only Net10 T-mobile micro sim card?

Hi Debbie,
      You need a micro SIM for the T-Mobile network. Any T-Mobile network sim should work. It doesn’t need to be active. If you have any old prepaid phones check them. You will need to cut the SIM. If you can’t find one look on eBay. you can find them there. They range in price from 99 cents to $5.
      Let me know if you need more help.

31. Brandon | | Reply

It worked like a charm with my iPhone 4S & AT&T Net 10 :). The only difference is I had to Stay In the Cellular Network Data screen when I swapped back to the AT&T SIM. I waited until the SIM was ready and the screen showed AT&T values, then changed them, then backed out. If I backed out early (such as before I swapped) and let it send me back to General, the Cell Network Data button would disappear and be inaccessible. Thank you so much for your help! Now if only Net10 would really give us 4G like our status bar claims! ……..

Hey Bradon,
      Thanks for sharing. Glad you were able to figure out the SIM swap.
      With respect to 4G, Net10 is using HSPDA, which technically is 4G. It’s the fastest service supported on the iPhone 4s. The iPhone 5 supports 4G LTE but the Net10 network doesn’t yet. They buy service from ATT and T-Mobile which don’t offere MVNOs like Net10 LTE yet.

Best

• Brandon | | Reply

Bob, thank you for maintaining this important page. I don’t know why unlockitz or Net10 dosen’t just make an auto-profile that Works :p …. but I guess that’s what hacks are for :p

In order to get the most information, I tried fully setting up / activating my Net10 T-Mobile SIM too. Although I hear AT&T has much wider coverage in rural areas, I’m getting 3-5Mb in Metro Detroit, MI which is the same as I got with the Net10 AT&T SIM. Also, although I only get 1-3 bars at home, the calls sound fine. … but T-Mo seems to be the future of N10 since they don’t sell AT&T SIMs anymore and capped it at 1.5GB wearas the N10 T-Mo is still “Unlimited”. Also, The T-Mo SIM offers more user-options like the ability to self-throttle to 2G Edge (So N10 doesn’t :p) or or save battery. Plus, with the AT&T Swap method, after a few days, I got a dialog saying my iPhone was updated with mandatory carrier settings (which broke my APN) ….was that gonna happen every few days?

If it helps anyone, these are the Settings > General > Cellular > Cell Network / APN settings I entered that worked for MMS 🙂

>Net10 T-Mobile APN MMS Settings
      Source: http://www.net10byop.com/program.php

APN – wap.tracfone
      MMSC – mms.tracfone.com
      Proxy – 216.155.165.40:8080
      MMS Max Size: 1048576

For those that checked the source, that’s right: according to Net10 MMS, the iPhone is a dumb phone :p Also, don’t use the auto-profile Net10 provides you: they clearly state it does not support APN.

• Brandon | | Reply

Mann: the grass sure is greener on the other side. I find that the T-Mobile 3G I experience on my Net10 iPhone, although 3-5Mb fast in ideal environments, it is soooo inconsistent indoors or while driving. It’s so inconsistent, it makes Facebook and Safari hang while loading! On the speediest.net app, you can see the drop outs on the histogram. It also switches to edge often indoors which is 0.1Mb slow, but it seems more consistent. You don’t know what you have till you’ve lost it — I really never noticed these area and timing drop outs in coverage with AT&T Net10. I guess that’s the advantage of unlocked phones…. How else would I know the genuine performance in my neighborhood from just talking to a sales rep or doing a rigged speed test in-store? So despite the luxurious easy MMS setup, extra features like Edge, lack of a hard 1.5GB/mo cap, and the possibility of Net10 dropping AT&T, it looks like I’m gonna want to go back to AT&T. I’m backseat in a car in busy Ferndale now.. It just snapped from 1 Bar 3G to 5 Bars Edge. What a great example of what I’m going through. What good is a cell network if it’s not there when you need it?

32. James T | | Reply

I’m happy to find you and your guide. I switched to an iPhone 4 unlocked in Feb. with Net10 and encountered this problem you have this guide for. I do not have MMS but I do have data. I also can face time from ipod to iphone. I’ll get to work and set my phone straight. Though I’m not surprised that MMS didn’t work, it specifically stated in the end of iPhone data/apn setup that Net10 does not support this MMS feature for iPhone customers.(paraprased). Don’t people read the whole page?

33. Lynn | | Reply

I have the iphone 4s and I was using the the http://unlockit.co.nz website and all of the sudden I cant use data. It just quit working. I have tried all the net10and the Att ones. I am using the 6.1.3 version. Please help me. Thank you

34. Annette | | Reply

Thank You SOOOOO much. I am not computer or iPhone savvy but your instructions were very clear and extremely helpful. I did get my mms and data working with Net10 using the 2nd Method. Once again, Thank You!

Hi Annette,
      Thanks for sharing your success!
      Now that you have data and mms, remember to write down the settings that worked for you, put your T-Mobile SIM in a safe spot, and bookmark the guide. If you update your iPhone’s software you may need to do this again to get it working.

Best Regards,

35. mag | | Reply

Thank you for sharing info on handling APN on IPhone. It worked for me .. I really appreciate you helping out everyone. God Bless you for this!

Hi Mag,
      Thanks for taking the time to comment. Great hearing from you, I am happy the guide worked for you.

Best

36. Leslie | | Reply

Hello I have an iPhone 4 unlocked running IOS 6.1.3 previously on AT&T. I used the APN profile for about a month. I only had data but all of a sudden it stopped working. So I have tried other profiles at the http://unlockit.co.nz & no other one has worked.. so I bought a Tmobile sim card to try to do the SIM swap but my problem there is that the Cellular Network Data will not pop up. I tried rebooting my phone, turning it off and on and nothing works. I would appreciate your help I would love my data back! PLEASE HELP ME!!

• Rebecca | | Reply

I have an iPhone 4 previously on AT&T. I also was unable to do the SIM swap because the Cellular Data Network did not pop up? Do you have to use a T-Mobile SIM?

Hi Rebecca,
        You need a T-Mobile SIM to do the SIM Swap. It does not need to be active. When you bought your Net10 SIM, did you get just one SIM or a three pack of SIMs? Do you have any old prepaid phones lying around? Some people find the SIMs there. You can also check on eBay where you can buy a SIM for between 0.99 and 4.99. Is your data working?

37. Julie M | | Reply

Thank you! the tfdata worked great for me and I have now sent and received pics on my iphone 4s with net 10!!!

Hi Julie,
      Great news! thanks for sharing your results with us.

38. Mindy | | Reply

I followed the instructions exactly as listed and it worked perfectly for my iphone 4 – Thank you!

Hi Mindy,
      Great news! thanks for sharing your results with us.

39. Oliver | | Reply

Thank you, thank you, thank you! We’ve been trying to figure this out for over a week and your settings worked! We’re so excited!!

Hi Oliver,
      I am glad to hear my guide helped. Now that you have it working, remember to write down the settings that worked, put your tmobile sim in a safe place, and bookmark my guide. If you update your iphone software, you may need to setup data and mms again.

Best

40. jos | | Reply

want to send picture with mms how do i set it up

Hi jos,
      Did you read the guide? To setup mms you need to do the sim swap. Was there some part of the guide you need help with? Let me know and I will try to help.

41. Rosco H. | | Reply

ive been having problems with my data not working ive changed all apn settings and my mms works but sometimes when i reboot my phone it resets all my apn settings back to “phone” and have tried all methods and nothing seems to work

my phone is jailbroken
    running on IOS 6.1.2

Hi Rosco,
      Sorry to hear about your problem.
      Check to see if have an Carrier APN profile installed on your phone.
      Tap Settings->General->Profile. Tap Remove. Tap Remove

Let me know how you make out.

• Rosco H. | | Reply

yeah ive done that and added new profiles removed old ones and still nothing seems to work

Hi Rosco,
          Have you tried resetting your network settings before reconfiguring? Be advised if you do this you will alson need to enter your Wifi settings again…

• Rosco H. | |

yes i have im pretty good with figuring out devices and what i need to do to fix them but for some reason this one stumps me ive got it to work 1 outta 50 times prolly but cant reproduce the effect and for my MMS settings they keep reseting to the factory settings even tho i reboot my phone with them changed if you need pics of what problems im getting let me know and ill be more then glad to send em over

42. lorie | | Reply

I tried everything and cannot get the cellular network to show up

43. Mark | | Reply

Bob,

Thank you so much for this information, my son and I just setup a Net10 AT&T compatible SIM in an iPhone4 using your SIM swap procedure with the Net10 Carrier APN Settings (tfdata) we did all the testing you suggested with iMessage turned off and we turned WiFi off we have phone service, data, and full MMS with picture capability, funny thing is I’m not sure my unlock went through but from what I read it appeared for the Net10 AT&T SIM you don’t need to have an unlocked AT&T phone since it’s still using AT&T’s network. Thanks again for the info it was vital to our success.

Hi Mark
      This is great news. Glad to hear you guys are up and running. Make sure to put that SIM in a safe place, write down the tf data settings you used and bookmark the guide. If you update iOS you need to run through the SIM swap again to set up the phone.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Best

44. mike | | Reply

Is T-Mobile iPhone 5 supported?

45. Omar | | Reply

So what’s the link so I can activate mms on my iPhone

Hi Omar,
      Read the guide. there isn’t one. You need to sim swap.

46. MizTay1 | | Reply

Hi Bob,
    Thanks for the fast response. Ok I took a screenshot and now how do I post it for you to see? Also, I have data and everything else I just cannot send MMS, the phone isn’t locked it is just the tmobile sim.

47. MizTay1 | | Reply

Hi…
    I have a iphone 3gs and I tried to do the settings but I had to borrow a tmobile sim from my brother only to find out that the sim is locked. Any suggestions?

Hi MizTay,
      Thanks for commenting. Do you mean that the SIM is locked or the phone is locked? Both are possible. The TMobile SIM doesn’t need to be active. Any non-working one will do. Check around any old prepaid phones for one. You can buy a SIM on ebay for between $0.99 and $4.99.

Exactly what happens when you put the SIM in the phone? Can you send me a screenshot (hold the home button a press the top button at the same time. Look in photos for the screen shot).

Do you have data working?

48. Teria | | Reply

I have tried the swap and every profile I can find. I can use data but no mms. I have an unlocked iphone 4S

49. Rita | | Reply

I want to SCREAM!!! I have iphone 3S I can not get data to work so no internet no picture messages if I am not in a wi-fi area. I have version 6.1.3 I am using the Net10 sim card I do not have the option to put in APN numbers as the website suggested. I have downloaded unlockit and went through each NET10 setting in hopes of something happening … and nothing. What is next? I am ready to pull my hair out.

50. Kevin | | Reply

I’ve had net 10 on my iPhone 4 now for two months. When first activated texting and callin worked great. Took it to store to have a fella show me how to get data using unlockits. Worked for bout month and then quit working so went thru and removed that apn and downloaded tfdata and it worked. Till this morn n. now I have no data tried all the apn’s and my 3G is gone off my phone next to home. Any suggestions?