How to Setup Net10 Web, Data, and MMS for your iPhone running iOS 6

UPDATE: 10/8/2013
I have a new guide for iOS 7.
How to Set up Net10 Web, Data, and MMS for Your iPhone Running iOS 7

UPDATE: NOV 19 2013

Many readers are reporting problems that they are having trouble sending or receiving MMS over the last few days. If you are having a problem please leave a comment here: I Can’t Receive MMS Picture Messages Using Straight Talk or Net10 on My iPhone Using iOS 7.0.4

I wrote this guide to share with you how I setup Net10 Wireless Access Point Name or APN for Data and MMS Picture Messaging to work on my iPhone 5. The guide should work for any iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, or iPhone 5 that is running iOS 6.

If you have an iPhone running iOS 6 and your Data, your MMS, or neither are working, read on. If your  Net10 Data or MMS is not working for some other phone, you can leave a comment on this page.

If you are looking for the  Net10 network settings  or Net10 internet settings or Net10 APN this is the guide for you. If your voice and / or SMS isn’t working, this guide won’t help.  You can leave a comment on this page other readers may be able to help.

Configuring the Data and MMS APN for iPhone and Net10 Wireless

You can use two different methods to configure your iPhone’s APN. Method 1 only configures your data APN, but not MMS. Use Method 1, if you don’t care about picture messaging (MMS). Use  Method 2 if you want MMS or Picture Messaging to work. If you have trouble following either method, leave a comment at the bottom and I will try to help you.

Read the entire guide and make an give it a try before leaving a comment to ask for help.  Follow the Next Page link to begin reading the guide.

693 Comments

1. ryley | | Reply

my Internet wasn’t working when I got on net 10 contract

Ryley,
      Did you read the guide?

2. ryley | | Reply

when I got the net 10 contract they told me to come to this website to get it on because they couldn’t do it

Hi Ryley,
      OK. Did net10 support really tell you to come to smartphonematters.com? Hmm.
      OK. So the page you left the comment on is a guide on how to set up data and MMS. Read the guide and try the steps to get data working. Click the next page link to start reading the guide.
      Regatds

3. Daniel | | Reply

not working. after I remove the T Mobile card, my phone will not return to general, and will not recognize sim card was removed. I change the sim card and keep getting no change on the phone, remains on no service. I then reboot, but it goes back to the old situation.

Hi Daniel,
      Are you saying when you put your Net10 AT&T SIM back in the phone, you never see it go from No SIM to Searching to Home?

4. James | | Reply

Hi,

Hopefully you’re able to answer this as quickly as I need it to be. I’m working on my grandfather’s phone, who is visiting me today from another state, so my time’s limited. I’ve tried the different settings you provided, but none of them are working. I’m not sure if the APN settings are being saved. Every time I give the settings a change, the NET10 SIM’s fields are reverted back to the default “phone” entries. I would think they would show what I last edited them as, yeah? I tried placing the phone in Airplane Mode for a few seconds before turning it off, as I saw some users said it helps save the APN settings, but still no luck. Any suggestions, mate? Thanks again for the great guide.

Hi James,
      Are you entering the values after you have removed the T-Mobile SIM and inserted the ATT SIM back in the phone? not with the T-Mobile sim in the phone.
      You also need to make sure you wait long enough for the ATT SIM starts searching. Also make sure you don’t have any profiles installed.

BTW. Email addresses are used for direct email support and for spam filtering.

5. djmsla | | Reply

Hello Bob, So I have Net10 and I am also lucky enought to have iOS7 Beta. I can get pic msg working but not data. Any suggestions?

DJ

Hey djmsia,
      Cool. I dont often hear that mms is working but not data. What APN are you using for MMS? And can I assume you know the difference between iMessage and MMS?

6. Kenyatta badger | | Reply

My data not working

Hi Kenyatta,
      Did you read and try any of the steps in the guide? It shows step by step how to set this up.

7. Adam | | Reply

Hey, Bob. I’ve read your entire post, and it makes sense, but after purchasing a T-Mobile SIM from Straight Talk and following the instructions, it never displays the Cellular Data Network. The iPhone is a 3G from AT&T and factory unlocked. I went to Settings, General, and Cellular, and it never shows the Cellular Data Network. Is there any possible way to access Cellular Data Network and change the settings to use Internet/MMS on Straight Talk? Thank you very much!

Hi Adam,
      A number of readers say they don’t see Cellular Data Network. Check the FAQ some time on Monday. I am adding an update.

8. javier | | Reply

i want send and recive mms in my iphone4s

Hola Javier,
      Did you read my guide? It shows you how to set this up.

9. dan | | Reply

hey bob i can get evrything to work except pic sending. i got a i3gs unlocked phone with net10 sim.ive tried everyone of the net10 apn,s an thats the best i can get is internet regular txt an calling. need help if you can thnx.
    Dan

10. Brent | | Reply

Did SIM swap and data worked fine for a week or so then stopped working so I did SIM swap again and data worked for a few weeks then stopped again. After a few cycles if this I finally did a full restore prior to swap and now can’t get data to work ever. When reinstalling my net 10 SIM my phone never regognizes my sim (continues saying there is no sim installed) until I reboot my phone at which time I lose access to reset apn settings. What suggestions do you have for me? This is on a iPhone 4S. My iPhone 5 works fine.

Hi Brent,
      I am sorry to hear about this. Some readers do report these types of problems. I am not sure I have an answer for you. Here are some suggestions that might help.

1. If you can get a nano to micro SIM adapter, try your iPhone 5 sim in your 4s. If it works without an issue the problem may be the SIM card. If possible, try to test your SIM card in another 4s. You could cut it and test it in the iPhone 5, but then you would need to use the SIM card adapter in the iPhone.

2. Check the fit on your SIM card. are you using a micro SIM yourself card or did you cut the SIM yourself. make sure it isn’t loose.

3. Reset your network settings and see if the problem gets better.

4. If you can live with data only for a while, install one of the APN profiles and see if your data setting persists reboots.

Let me know how it goes.

11. Katelyn | | Reply

Thank you. This was a life saver at the end of a frustrating day. Thank you for putting this out there!

Hi Katelyn,
      You are welcome. Can you share what settings worked for you?

12. LaTasha | | Reply

My daughter set up my APN without MMS and I want the ability to send pic mail. How can I reverse or fix this?

Hi LaTasha,
      Did you read and try my guide? It shows step by step how to do this.

• lucy | | Reply

THANK YOU IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!

13. Luis | | Reply

Hi i have an iphone 3gs and for some reason i cant send or recive any picture by text thanks!

Hi Luis,
      Did you read and try my guide? it shows step by step how to resolve this.

Hi Luis,
      Did you read and try my guide? It shows step by step how to setup MMS.

14. Jerry Toler | | Reply

Hi Bob, I have read your entire post and it makes sense but after purchasing a T-mobile sim off ebay and following the instructions, it never displays the Cellular Data Network. The iphone is a 4 from AT&T and factory unlocked by AT&T site after contract was fulfilled. I removed the Net10 profile, rebooted the phone, went to Settings, general and cellular and it shows the same thing with the T-mobile sim, that it shows with the AT&T Net10 sim. Do you think I may have a bad T-Mobile sim? It says invalid sim sometimes but then I reboot with the T-mobile sim and it does recognize it. It just doesn’t change the Cellular page.

Hi Jerry
      I sent you an email.

• Bill Hutchins | | Reply

Hi Bob, I am having the same issue as Jerry. Could you please send me the same response/email that you sent to Jerry?
        Thanks in advanced.
        Bill
        iPhone 3GS just upgraded to 6.1.3 (10B329)

Hi Bill
          I sent you an email

• Sarah | |

I am still having issues can you please send me same email!
            Thanks so much!
            Sarah

Hi Sarah,
            What issue are you having? You followed the guide and can’t get data? or MMS?

• Jerry Toler | | Reply

Bob, you’re a genius! Worked like a charm. Thanks again for a great post.

Hi Jerry,
        I am glad it worked. Save the values, and your T-Mobile SIM (if you sim swapped). You will need to enter these values again after an iOS or Carrier update.

15. jason | | Reply

hey bob i try 4 times doing the sim swap for at&t sim from Net10, i have a iphone, can u help me

Hi Jason,
      OK.
      Which iPhone do you have?
      I assume you have the Net10 ATT SIM.
      Is your data working? If so with which APN?

16. Cary | | Reply

I changed from AT&T to net10 using AT&T and iphone. My data is working and phone including texting and but it isn’t allowing me to send pictures through texting. Can somone help. thanks.

• Cary | | Reply

Yes, I did. I also changed my APN to All the ones listed on that website and some didn’t work at all. The only APN that seems to work best for me is the “NET 10 AT&T” but it only works for DATA, IMESSAGE, TEXTING, and CALLING but the issue is am unable to Send Text Pictures to carriers who do not have imessage. What do I do? Do you think unlocking my phone might fix the problem? What do you suggest. I have an iphone 4 locked AT&T phone. Thank you.

• K-man | | Reply

Hi there, having troubles getting my iphone 3gs to work with net10. I have the AT&T sim, I have a t-mobile sim, I’ve done the sim swap and used both of your at&t recommended settings. My phone worked best with these settings
        APN tfdata
        MMS
        APN tfdata
        MMSC http://mms-tf.net
        MMS Proxy mms3.tracfone.com:80
        MMS Max Message Size 1048576

However I found that one of my friends was unable to reply to my texts (iMessage is turned off). Whilst the mms worked fine with a lot of my other contacts. He is on AT&T with an iphone 5.

Any suggestions?

17. anthony | | Reply

i have a iphone4 and its not unlocked and i can not get my data plan too work i can make and recive calls but i cant get on the internet or nothing and i seen on the youtube videos and every thing to go an click on cellua dated network and my phone dont have that please help me i have tried every thing

• anthony | | Reply

I have a ATT sim card I have tried every thing and it still wont work

• anthony | | Reply

and I did read the guild and every thing and it also didn’t work bc I had too go to the cellar data network and on my phone it don’t have that

Hi
          I’ll send you an email.

• anthony | |

can you send me a email at that email address please

• Lizbeth Sanchez | | Reply

Same thing happened to me, please help me solve this. I can’t get MMS working, I have a ATT sim card and my phone’s cellular data network tab is missing.

Hi Lizbeth,
            Did you do the SIM swap with using a T-Mobile SIM?

18. Balwinder Kumar | | Reply

My data and mms not working on applei5 in net10 service. Please guide me

19. marla | | Reply

I have my Iphone 4s up and running on Net10 and can send and receive data. I now will try the SIM swap method with the TMobile sim card. My question is…will I now be on the Tmobile network for coverage or will I be on the ATT network when I get the MMS working? Tmobile has terrible coverage where I am at so I definately want to be on ATT. Don’t want to do anything to change that. Please advise

Hey Maria,
      The SIM swap isn’t going to put you on the T-Mobile network. Let me explain. Thanks to Apple, iOS 6, and / or ATT, when you put a ATT network sim (let your net10 sim) in an iPhone the settings page for Cellular Data Network is not visible. When you put in a T-Mobile SIM card, it is visible. To get MMS working, you need enter information on the Cellular Data Network. So the SIM swap is a trick to be able to get to that screen and enter the needed values. That’s it.

• marla | | Reply

I tried the SIM swap method and it did not work for me. I could not get data once the new settings were entered. I tried both settings for tracfone and cingular.

20. Erik | | Reply

Oddly I can send MMS pics to any phone using numerous combo’s of APN setting but I cannot receive any MMS pics. I’m using the Net10 AT&T sim. Does this mean I have the correct MMSC or the correct MMSC proxy? One must be wrong, correct? Thanks!

Hi Erik,
      I hear a lot of this. I have never heard a good explanation of why some combinations work and don’t. Did you look in my FAQ and try the changes I recommend? Which APN are you using for data?

• Erik | | Reply

The data apn is tfdata

That’s worked from day one. Would that have anything to do with it?

Do they all have to match?

21. Andrew | | Reply

I dont have a cellular network data button. Please help

Hi Andrew,
      Can you share a little more information. for example, are you doing the SIM Swap?

22. Selyna | | Reply

Cant find the “Cellular Data Network” button anywhere

Hi Selyna,
      Did you do the sim swap? You won’t see that option without using the sim swap?

23. courtney | | Reply

What happens when your phone says something about updating the Internet after I enter the sim swap stuff? And which one do I use for AT&T straight talk iPhone 4 the 1st pic listed or the 2nd listed?

Hi Courtney,
      I’d you ge t your data connection working first, by trying the SIM swap method? If so, which profile worked? If we know that, we can figure out which values to try first.

Without that you will need to try all the different values.

Let me know

24. Tom | | Reply

Hi,

I have a 3GS, a net10 and a Tmobile SIM and have tried both settings (tfdata and wap) many times and I can not get MMS working in either direction. Data works fine but no luck with MMS. I reviewed the FAQ page and others comments but nothing.

Do you have any suggestions?

Tom

Hi Tom,
      Did you check to make sure you do not have any Net10 Carrier APN profiles installed? If so they must be removed or you will never get MMS working. Since you commented that you read the FAQ, can I assume you tried some of the alternatives for MMS?

Oh, and which profile is working for data?

Let me know

• Diane | | Reply

Having same problem. How do I erase current profile? Getting error message saying profile already exists.

Hi Diane,
          The guide shows you how.

Look at step 13 under method #1.
          Look at Step 0 & under method #2

• Diane | |

Thanks for replying, Bob, but when I go to settings/general/profile, it says “no profiles are currently installed”. My friend says it’s an iPhone 4 bug. Fix is to reset all content and settings, which I did, but when I restore, I still have the same problem. Any ideas?

• Diane | |

Got data and mms working, although pokey, using wap.tracfone apn settings. Thank you!

One question: why does mmsc setting of http://mmsc-Cingular.com work when I’m using Net10 – t-mobile?

So glad I found your site!

• Tom | | Reply

Thanks for getting back to me. There is no option for APN profiles. I began with method 1 and then deleted the profile and moved to method 2. Now there is nothing listed. I better go back the FAQ again. I did not try the apple address switch. I know that my data only works when I use the tfdata and it does not when I use the wap setting. I will go back to the faq.

Thanks,
        Tom

• Tom | | Reply

Hi Bob,

I tried the two suggestions from the FAQ page but I still could not get MMS working in either direction. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,
          Tom

• Tom | |

Hi Bob,

No luck. Is there anything else I can do to get MMS working? Does mms work with T-mobile or ATT prepay?

Tom

25. Juan | | Reply

Followed your instructions closely for Method 2, and it worked! For people having problems, I suggest giving it another try – this was my 3rd or 4th attempt. It feels good to be able to get pictures of my nephew again! A million thanks from Puerto Rico.

Hola Juan,
      Excellente! You are correct, most people need to try it a few times to get the hang of it.

Best Regards,

26. Deandre ford | | Reply

I only have the AT&T net10 sim no tmobile can I still send pics

27. gina | | Reply

Can you send me the method for sending/receiving MMS on Iphone4s using NEt10. I do not have the TMobile Sim. I was able to send/receive data with the unlockit website. Thanks

Hi Gina,
      I am not recommending that method anymore. Please see my FAQ

• gina | | Reply

ok..I will purchase one from ebay and try..I am trying Net10 for 30 days then may activate more Iphones if I like their service. Will I need a different Tmobile SIM for each activation? or can I use the same SIM for another phones?

• gina | | Reply

Sorry to ask again..do I need a different Tmobile SIm for each activation or can I reuse the same SIM for the sim swap method?

Hi Gina,
            You are welcome to ask questions and that is a good question. You can use the T-Mobile SIM to do as many iPhones you want. All the T-Mobile SIM is doing is allowing you to get to the Cellular Data Network settings. Those settings are hidden when any att network sim is in the phone. The one thing I will remind you is that if you update your iPhone’s iOS in the future, you may need to do the SIM swap again. So, if you use the T-Mobile SIM, and then give it to your sister, or a friend, you may not have the SIM card when you need it again.

28. Kyoungtack Woo | | Reply

Hello, I worried that my i phone (net10) ‘s internet is not working. So, I searched in internet. However, my first question is that my iphone doesn’t have “cellular network” section. Could you help me? I’m worried about it. I’ll wait your response by mail!

29. aznpie23 | | Reply

Hi Bob,

Before switching over to net10, I was using the straight talk TM sim and could only send and receive mms from other iPhone users. Also internet always dipped below 3g and I was constantly stuck on Edge network.

I followed all the directions as you have here and internet is working great and I’m also able to send mms to other users other than iPhone. Now I’m running into the problem of not being able to receive any mms from anyone.
    What could be the cause of this problem.
    Any help is appreciated!!

30. Tay | | Reply

My picture message not working

Hi Tay,
      Sorry to hear your picture messaging is not working. Did you read the guide and try any of the steps?

31. Ashley Neitling | | Reply

Hi there-

i just went to game stop purchased iphone 4 and was told all i had to do was put in the net10 sim card and it was ready to go…. Trying to follow the directions about the APN settings i dont have the option for apn setting. I will choose general, celluar and it is not there? what should i do? do i need to return it to game stop? i have 7 days!

help im very frustrated!!!

ashley

Hi Ashley,
      Read my guide. It will show you how to get your data working very quickly. If you want full MMS picture messaging, it is possible but you need to do a little trick to get the to the Cellular Data Network Settings. After you read through entire guide, come back ask any questions and I will try to help you.

I had another reader who bought an iPhone from Game Stop and she got her phone running in no time.

• Ashley Neitling | | Reply

Thanks for your response… i read your guide… but do i have to go purchase a sim card (tmobile?) i did get the three sim cards with the package… could i use one of those?

ash

Hi Ashley,
          Yes, you can. Ok. Great follow Method #1 in the guide to get your data connection working. Make a note, of what APN works.

Do your three SIM cards, look like this?

The pink SIM card is the T-Mobile SIM. you will need to cut it to fit in your phone.

Get data working, and see if you can cut the SIM card. Let me know how it goes.

• Ashley Neitling | |

yes,… I cut the pink one to fit, and when i put it in it still says no sim…

Hi Ashley,
            Did you get data working first? make sure you do method #1
            check the fit on your SIM in the tray. Try turning the phone off and on. We need the phone to recognize the SIM card.

32. Agnes | | Reply

I was sending pic Mgs just fine until today help

Hi Agnes,
      Who set up your phone for you initially?

33. Jess | | Reply

I tried doing method two but I do not have a Tmobile sim card. I have an iphone at&t and a net 10 card method one worked but i want MMS too

Hi Jess,
      Glad to hear you got data working. Unfortunately you do need a T-Mobile SIM to do the SIM swap and get MMS working. When you bought your Net10 SIM did you get one SIM or a three pack?

34. Kizzie | | Reply

I am very grateful that I stumble upon that webpage.

I have the very same problem and have been looking online for a fix for a very long time. I have an iphone 4s, and I have been with net10 for almost a year, and I have not been able to send picture text or mms.

I had the At&t Sim installed without being able to use mms, then I switch to T-mobile sim when they cap the data to only 1.5gb. I hardly talk on the phone, I use a lot of data and text, but even when I switch to the T-mobile sim I still cannot use picture text.

Once upon a time, mms used to work with my iPhone 4s because I have sent and received picture text from my mother who has a Metro PCS android phone. I’m not much of conspiracy theorist, but I believed one of the companies, be it Net10 b/c they want you to use their phone or Apple/At&t because a lot of people are switching to prepaid have removed this feature or they did something to remove the mms.

I have tried the Sim swap with the “tfdata…” when I had the At&t installed still would not work. I am now with T-mobile and the only setting working is “wap.tracfone” still no mms/picture text.

If anyone knows how it works, please reply.

thx

• Kizzie | | Reply

/Users/musketeery/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2013/06/29/20130629-103603/IMG_0574.PNG

35. Casey | | Reply

Is there an alternative to the sim-swap method, and if so, would you please email me directions? I understand it is more tedious, however my T-Mobile sim is currently located in another state. Thank you!

Hey Casey,
      The last person that tried it told me that after she followed the directions her phone wouldn’t connect to iTunes anymore. I don’t want to recommend those steps anymore until I can verify it works. I have shared the link with about 10 people. One person told me it worked, one person told me here phone wouldn’t sync anymore. The other 8 people I never heard from again.

36. Steven1211 | | Reply

i have a regular i phone 3g. it is not an s. how can i make it a net 10 phone? and if i can is data and MMS gonna work? i am sure this is way easier than what everyone else is going through with the iphone 4, but i am totally new to all this. please help me!

Hi Steven,
      That is a good question. I don’t know the answer maybe answer. Maybe we can figure it out. Most people looking around here are on iOS 6. What version of iOS are you using on your 3G? Do you know if the phone is unlocked? and btw.. will you need unlimited calling? are you a heavy data user? maybe we can find you a more affordable option.

37. Pete | | Reply

Thanks so much for the tf data section!

Hi Pete.
      I am glad to here it helped!
      Best Regards,

38. Ebony Siplin | | Reply

Internet not working

Hi,
      Sorry to hear your internet is not working. Did you try following the guide?

39. Eric | | Reply

Hi Bob,

I have a new iPhone 5 on 6.1.4 I tried thesim swap method several times, but have not been able to get it to work. It seems each time I swap the t-mobile sim back into my phone the apn settings are all blank, so I put them back in then swap back to my AT&T sim, but it never works.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Eric,
      I want to see if i understand. are you saying that:

1. You have a Net10 ATT SIM
      2. You put in the TMobile SIM
      3. You go the Cellular Data Network settings
      4. You put in the APN values and save them.
      5. you remove the TMobile SIM and put the ATT sim back in
      6. it doesn’t work.

Is this what you are doing?

40. Suham Touma | | Reply

Need to have Internet need to install ape I could n t get no were

Hi Suham,
      Yes you need to have internet to install the APN. Do you have a WiFi network you can connect your phone to? Or were you trying to tell me something else?

41. Tracy | | Reply

Daughter has Iphone 4 with 6.1.3 version. Was ATT phone, switched to NET10. Can’t send/receive picture texts to non Iphone users since change. Net10 has been no help, they have had her go to iapnupdatetfdata.net10.com & install. Comes up showing Net 10 profile not verified. Told me Iphone problem, not theirs. Any chance on getting this fixed or do we have to dump Net 10? And if we dump NET 10 is our Iphone now messed up to go back to ATT or somewhere else. Please help, thanks!

Hi Tracy,
      I am sorry to hear you MMS isn’t working. Did you read my guide? It shows step-by-step what you need to do to get MMS working? Take a look at the guide and if you have questions let me know and i will try to help. Most people that read the guide have MMS working in less than an hour. If your iPhone 4 contract is over, be sure to ask att to unlock it for you. See the post on my blog.

42. Amber Nettles | | Reply

I don’t have a t mobile sim to swap wiht my net 10 sim card, I have a 3G is there any way i can do method 2 with swapping sim

43. jessica | | Reply

I keep trying both sets of values with no luck. I you mentioned a more tedious method than sim swap. Could you possibly send me that info? I have a unlocked iphone 4 running 6.1.3. If you need that info.

I responded to Jessica by email.

• Meredith | | Reply

Hi Bob…
        could you send me the same email that you sent to

Amber Nettles says:
        June 25, 2013 at 3:05 pm

(although I believe she meant in the last sentence: “….method 2 WITHOUT swapping sim….”

I am planning to try and activate an old 3G iphone ATT on the Net10 plan.

I just activated an iphone 4 ATT today and of course do not have MMS picture messaging so I will try your method. Wish me luck.
        mer

Hi Meredith,
          The last feedback I from a reader has that her iphone wouldn’t sync with iTunes afterwards. So I am not sharing that method until I have a change to try it for myself and write a guide. A lot of readers are reluctant to go out and get a Tmobile sim. You can find them for a couple dollars on ebay.

If you bought the 3 pack of Net10 SIM cards then you have a tmobile SIM you can use.

44. Ray | | Reply

I am able to change the data network settings and data works but MMS doesn’t. The cellular data network file is gone as soon as I reboot – 3GS. I’ve read AT&T does not want third party users (Net10) to have this access and they have a way to delete this setting even thought the phone is “unlocked” Any thoughts?

Ray and I have been working over email to get his phone working. He may have it going now!

45. Carlos | | Reply

After you enter your APN settings put your phone into airplane mode for about 20 seconds which will force your apn setting to remain then you can safely restart your phone…everything else worked fine once i tried this method it worked instantly

Hey Carlos.
      Thanks for sharing. I have heard people mention airplane mode before. I have never needed to do that.

Did you use my guide or another site?

46. Ben | | Reply

I used these settings for my iphone 3GS and they worked perfectly!

I’ve had a rough time trying to get this thing up and running, but thanks to you and many others who have taken the time to post valuable information like this, I’ve successfully moved my iphone over to Net10 without ever making a single call to tech support.

Hi Ben,
      This is great news. I love it when readers take a moment just to let me know that the guide worked. Very happy to hear you didn’t have to call Net10 support!
      bob

47. Sha | | Reply

Does this work with the iPhone 3gs? The data works but not the MMS. I also don’t see where you can change the settings under the cellar data as referenced above. Can you tell me where on the 3gs you can put that info. If the MMS doesn’t work with the 3gs please let me know so I can stop pulling my hair out.

Hi Sha,
      Did you do the SIM swap?

• Sha | | Reply

Yes three or four times. Does this only work on a unlocked phone? I saw a U-tube video where they did the exact same thing you described in your blog and it says this will not work if the phone isn’t unlocked. Is that true?

OK.
          You did the SIM swap. Did you get to the Cellular Data Network options? If the answer is no.
          Try the following
          backup your iPhone with iTunes.
          remember, backup
          do a full restore with iTunes (check the option to reload the iOS)
          when you are done your phone may unlock
          You can also ask ATT to unlock your phone.

Regards,

if the answer is yes then:
          Go to settings / general
          look for a profiles option. If it is there, tap profiles. more details. tell me the name in the APN section.
          Remove the profile. Restart your Phone. test dataa ans

48. Nick | | Reply

Hi, Bob

So I bought an iphone 4 with net 10 sim card I know how to update for data but not mms or picture messaging. When I send message only certain people can get them, but I can receive text messages, any clue?

Hi Nick,
      Did you read the guide? Did you do the SIM swap? If so which values are you using?

49. Janina | | Reply

Wow thanks I am jetlagged and got SO frustrated by trying to fix the internet issue. The second try worked for me: Net 10 (iPhone)
    I have an iPhone 4s.

Thanks sooo much 🙂

hi Janina,
      this is great news. glad it worked.

50. Travis | | Reply

I used these settings after much searching for my unlocked iphone 4 running straighttalk on the tmobile sim.
    cellular apn: wap.tracfone
    mms apn: wap.tracfone
    mmsc: http://mms.tracfone.com
    mms proxy: 216.155.165.40:8080
    mms max message size: 1048576
    mms ua prof url: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

I can send and recieve mms but no data! ive tried multiple apn names for cellular (tfdata, att.mvno) but i cant get it working…any ideas???

Hey Travis
      Do you have a Carrier APN profile installed? Check Settings->General->Profiles. Remove any APN profile there.

Let me know how it goes and we will go from there.