How to Setup Net10 Web, Data, and MMS for your iPhone running iOS 6

UPDATE: 10/8/2013
I have a new guide for iOS 7.
How to Set up Net10 Web, Data, and MMS for Your iPhone Running iOS 7

UPDATE: NOV 19 2013

Many readers are reporting problems that they are having trouble sending or receiving MMS over the last few days. If you are having a problem please leave a comment here: I Can’t Receive MMS Picture Messages Using Straight Talk or Net10 on My iPhone Using iOS 7.0.4

I wrote this guide to share with you how I setup Net10 Wireless Access Point Name or APN for Data and MMS Picture Messaging to work on my iPhone 5. The guide should work for any iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, or iPhone 5 that is running iOS 6.

If you have an iPhone running iOS 6 and your Data, your MMS, or neither are working, read on. If your  Net10 Data or MMS is not working for some other phone, you can leave a comment on this page.

If you are looking for the  Net10 network settings  or Net10 internet settings or Net10 APN this is the guide for you. If your voice and / or SMS isn’t working, this guide won’t help.  You can leave a comment on this page other readers may be able to help.

Configuring the Data and MMS APN for iPhone and Net10 Wireless

You can use two different methods to configure your iPhone’s APN. Method 1 only configures your data APN, but not MMS. Use Method 1, if you don’t care about picture messaging (MMS). Use  Method 2 if you want MMS or Picture Messaging to work. If you have trouble following either method, leave a comment at the bottom and I will try to help you.

Read the entire guide and make an give it a try before leaving a comment to ask for help.  Follow the Next Page link to begin reading the guide.

693 Comments

1. Saab | | Reply

thanks your help is easy to acces …
    i opened web service with this on my iphone 5
    .. hope you have good buiesness
    bye

Hi Saab,
      Thanks! I am glad it helped.

2. Frances | | Reply

iPhone4 ATT
    I followed all steps but did not get the cellular network data restarted phone still nothing Went back started from scratch a few times but still nothing Please advice Why am I not seeing the cellular network data option Thank you

3. Edmundo | | Reply

Why is it that once my iPhone is off for a couple mins that the Internet connect leaves, but once used it comes back? For instance, sometimes I won’t receive my iMessages until mins later when I start using my phone.

Hmm. Not sure. by internet do you mean Wi-Fi or 3G / 4G?
      Regards,

4. Bruce | | Reply

Thank you so much,this whole process is kind of confusing; however you cleared it up!Thanks!!! The only thing I don’t get is why you do it, everybody is so money hungry,why are you helping everybody for free?!? Thanks;)

Hi Bruce,
      You are welcome. I am glad it helped.

5. Angie | | Reply

i have a iphone 5 on net10 and i am having to do this whole process almost every 2 weeks because my mms and data will just stop working for no reason….. is this normal? It is very frustrating…. not to mention that i have this site bookmarked so that i can come back to is easily but i alwqays forget which setting for for me so i have to go thru all of them until i find the right apn settings….. ugh

Hi Angie,
      Sorry to hear that you constantly have to reconfigure your iPhone for data and mms. I have had a number of readers with the same or similar problems. I am not sure why some people have the problem and others do not. Does this happen randomly? Or when you plug your iPhone into your computer with iTunes for example?

You can check my Net10 FAQ… Some people report doing a factory reset on their iPhone helps with this problem. I use Net10 with my iPhone 5 and only had this problem once when I received a carrier settings updated dialog.

If you are in the process of setting you phone up again remember to write down the settings that work for you. I’ll follow up with you by email. Maybe we can figure out what causes this.

• Angie | | Reply

ok i never sync to itunes…. we dont get along… so its just happening randomly… like my first comment, i had to do the whole process… and right now, im back on the site to get the setting to do it again because my data and mms have stopped working again…. i did write down the info this time lol …. but its just a pain getting my phone out of the otterbox and doing all the crap and then putting it all back together…. not to mention my top button has recently decided to only work when it wants to, so powering off the phone is a pain in the rear now….

• judy | | Reply

I have an unlocked iphone 3gs IOS 6.1.3. I just switched to Net10 from Tmobile. Your guide helped me both with data and with text but I cannot send an image via text. When I use the Net10 Sim card, I cannot see the cellular data settings so I have to change/correct the settings while using the Tmobile sim card. Each time that I change the APN settings while using the Tmobile sim card, once I switch over to Net10 to test, which results in discovering that images still cannot be sent, I then try again. When I reinsert the Tmobile Sim so that I can access cellular data settings, I see that all of the APN settings that I just corrected have switched back to those that I had erased (the original Tmobile settings) and not the most recent ones that I had inputted. I would appreciate any suggestions that you can offer. Thanks for your great guide.

Hi Judy,
        Just to be clear.
        Make sure you are putting the T-Mobile SIM card in, removing it, putting the Net10 SIM back in, and then entering the values. That is you enter the values with the Net10 sim back in before Cellular Network disappears.

The problem you describe in normal. Your iPhone thinks your Net10 SIM is an ATT SIM, because well, it is using the ATT network. The iPhone fills in the values for you. The settings you see when you put the T-Mobile SIM in, are not for T-Mobile, they are for ATT.

One thing you can try is after you enter each set of values, is turning on airplane mode for a minute and turning it off again. Some people swear they need to do this to get the phone to retain the setting properly.

Let me know if you need more help.

6. brae | | Reply

I live in a mountain area, i have been through tmoble contract, sprint contract, total of 4 years. I received NO SERVICE AT ALL! I finally heard of net ten. I bought the ZTE phone, and i love it!!! Not only do i get service, i am saving 65$ a month. Thank you net ten!

Hi Brae,
      I am glad to hear about your success.

7. stacie | | Reply

I recently changed my tmobile prepaid smartphone to a net ten. (Sim update) i have only talk and message now, no data at all. They told me everything looked fine on their end. Help me get my data back

Hi Stacie,
      What model phone? Did you change to the Net10 t-Mobile or Net10 AT&T SIM?

8. tammy rickard | | Reply

WORKS GREAT THANK YOU

Hi Tammy,
      You are welcome!
      Best Regards,

9. Natalie | | Reply

Works great!!

10. Rich1812 | | Reply

This Net10 is really BS! I got the $50 package with the tiny Sim card for the iPhone 5 at a local Radio Shack, They setup my voice but they said I need to setup the APN for data myself. So I tried but can never get data to work. I call Net 10, they don’t even has a customer service for mobile device, once the creep from Net10 heard I have an iPhone, he just transfer me to Apple. My advice, stay the hell away from Net10, it’s a total rid off!

Hi Rich,
      Sorry to hear about your problems with Net10. I agree that the experience is not seamless. I setup this site to share with people how I got my data and MMS to work. Did you try following my guide? It shows you step by step how to do it. It’s unfortunate that Net10 data and mms dont work out of the box. But at half the price of ATT,etc the extra effort is worth it for many people.
      Bpb

11. rubyreed | | Reply

very helpful indeed

12. Igor | | Reply

you’re the man. Net 10 pisses me off man. why do they make it so complicated?
    Thank you so much for showing this way to fix it!

Hey Igor,
      Its an issue between Net10, AT&T and Apple. No one have 100% responsibility and thats why it doesn’t get fixed.
      I am glad to hear the guid helped!

13. Michael | | Reply

This might be a little weird and long but, I had the net10 unlimited on my AT&T iPhone 4 and everything was working fine until today i had iOS 7 put on it and had to restore it. Now i have iOS 7 but i cannot find a way to get my data and iMESSAGE to work ive tried restarting it and taking the sim out and even changing the APN online but it still wont work i ordered my micro-sim in the mail so i do not have a T-Mobile sim card to try to “swap” it. Everything is working fine i just need to turn get everything to work.

Hi Michael,
      It’s not really weird, you installed a developer beta on your iPhone and you need to figure out how to get stuff working. I haven’t put iOS 7 on my phone yet because I only have one iPhone and I used iOS 6 to help people out here on smartphonematters.com.

I assume you are saying that both your data and your iMessage are not working. Can you or have you tested your iMessage using a Wi-Fi connection? that way you can eliminate that as a problem and focus on getting your data working. Now, do you know which APN you were using before you updated to iOS 6? Which APN profiles did you try on your iPhone and from what web sites? Did the profiles install properly?

If you go into the iPhone settings can you see the Cellular Data Network settings? In iOS 6, its Settings->General->Cellular, I am not sure if it is the same in iOS 7.

I am not sure the SIM swap will work in iOS 7. I have never tried it. The SIM swap is kind of a hack and there is not guarantee it will work on iOS7.

If you answer the questions above, I can try to walk you though it.

• Michael | | Reply

My iMessage does not work without using wifi I’ve had the phone using the net10 service since October 2012 and it’s been fine the profile was called Net10 many of my friends have the same profile and also installed iOS 7 and their phones are working perfectly fine my phone says I have 3G but when I try to test it by going to safari it says my data is not connected. I also do not see cellular network data

14. Millie Jackson | | Reply

Excellent step by step guide! I tried method 2. The second set of inputs worked for me. I can get on the Internet with my WiFi turned off, and I can send picture & text messages as well. BUT… When I left my house & went down the road, Internet quit working. Kept getting the message that my iPhone was not connected to the Internet. I have an unlocked iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3, using the Net10 AT&T SIM and the T-Mobile SIM cut down to change APN settings. When I tried to look at my APN settings again after I returned home, it appeared that they had all been deleted. Any advice on what I should do from here?

• Millie Jackson | | Reply

Something else that’s quite strange… After I re-entered all of my APN data, I could send pictures but not receive them. I turned iMessage back on and now it appears I can send & receive pictures & messages to people with iPhones but no one else. With iMessage off, I can send/receive text but no pictures.

Hi Millie,
        Hmm.. It’s good to know that you were able to do the SIM swap. I’d recommend following method 1, and lets see if we can get data working reliably for a day or two at home and when out of the house. After that, let’s try the SIM swap again
        For some reason, unknown to me, some people report losing their settings infrequently or even frequently. Once you set the APN values in Cellular Data Network, you cant go back and see them and if you SIM swap again, they are usually erased. That is normal.

It’s normal for iMessage to work without MMS. see:

Also some readers have a problem with MMS, and it can sometimes be corrected. See my Net10 FAQ

Let me know if you need more help.

• Millie Jackson | | Reply

Thank you. I will try that. Now that you mention it, it makes sense that the values erase themselves when inserting a different SIM.

• Millie Jackson | |

Ok I’ve gotten data working reliably for the past several days. (I did the SIM swap again.) Still not able to send or receive picture text messages to/from anyone who does not have an iPhone. Any ideas? You’ve been a great help so far thank you!

Hi Millie,
            Which APN setting did you use for data att.mvno, tfdata, or wap.tracfone? FYI. The issue you are having is that your MMS picture messaging is not configured correctly, you can send picture messages to other iPhone users because you are using iMessage which uses you data connection. If you would like to understand a little more about the issue. Check out: http://smartphonematters.com/guides/understanding-the-difference-between-mms-and-imessage-on-your-iphone/

• Millie Jackson | |

Hi Bob, I am using the wap.tracfone APN setting. On 8/19, when I sent you the last message, I tried all of the other settings but with the others I didn’t have 3G. As of today, I can no longer send MMS picture messages to anyone, not even those with iPhones through my iMessage. Not sure what happened, as I haven’t changed any settings since 8/19. Any suggestions?

Hi Millie,
            I am not sure. Is your data working? can you browse the web? Is it possible you used a lot of data and reacheed you limit? It is possible that you received a carrier update, updated your iPhone. I suggest just repeating the steps you did last time. If you have a problem, email me or leave me a comment here.

• Millie Jackson | |

My data is working, I have 3G when I browse the internet. I’m not sure that I could have reached my data limit, as I am on wi-fi majority of the time. But do picture texts count against your data? If so, do they count against your data when on wi-fi? I cannot even send/receive picture texts when connected to wi-fi. I will try repeating the steps as you suggested. I called Net10 tech support but they haven’t been able to help. What is your email address, if you don’t mind me emailing you?

15. Alex | | Reply

I tried method #2 using both inputs for the apn settings and now I don’t have data. What should I do now that I cant even access the internet? It says that I am not subscribed to a cellular data service.

16. Aaron | | Reply

Here’s a weird one: I have an iPhone 4 using straight talk AT&T sim card. Everything works on my phone, but suddenly all of my texts must go through my email account. Settings, Messages, Send and Receive, my phone number is greyed out but no longer checked. Tech support says I have to contact Apple.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Hi Aaron,
      Try turning iMessage off, restarting your iPhone, then turning iMEssage back on.

17. Emily Tucker | | Reply

The “cellular data network” option does not exist in my settings, even after restarting it.

• gina | | Reply

Same thing is happening to me. Iphone4 have reset network settings. Turned phone off and on with Tmobile Sim in and still no cellular data network tab. I’ve tried it more than once and now am getting Sim Failure message. help please

• Gina | | Reply

I am having the same issue with an iphone4. Have tried the suggestions from the FAQ to no avail. Still do not see cellular data network tab. Did use the swap method on my iPhone 4S but not this iphone4. Please help

Hi Gina,
        Is your iPhone 4 unlocked? Did you try the iPhone Restore in iTunes? That seems to work for over half the people with that problem.

Let me know.

• gina | | Reply

I did the restore and still no cellular data network. I did the restore from a backup. Should I have done it as a new iphone? I also turned it off/on with Tmobile sim in it. Also reset network settings. Still nothing. Very frustrated. Any help is welcomed. THanks

• gina | |

I also tried to look at your article on restoring using Itunes but the page is missing.

Hi Gina,
            there was a problem with the link on the FAQ page. It should be working now.

Hi,
            You want to restore as a new phone, then try to setup data and MMS, and after that restore your backup.

18. Amanda | | Reply

I put in the T-mobile SIM but even after I restart the phone I still don’t see “Cellular data network” (Step 4, method 2) What am I doing wrong? I have an unlocked iphone 3g

19. Antonino | | Reply

Hi iam having problem with An iPhone 5 unlocked with iOS 6.1.4 on net 10 I set everything the correct mms yes it worked a few weeks all of suddenly it stopped working this is the apn i used for it and wondering if u could help me with another apn &mms setting APN: tfdata
    Username:

MMS UA Prof URL:

Internet Tethering:

APN: tfdata
    Username:
    Password:

Hi Antonino,
      Is your data working? Is it possible you exceeded your 1.5 GB per month data cap. It have never happened to me, but i have been told your data just stops working until the next billing cycle

If that is not the cases.

you don’t need to set the internet tethering apn, it doesn’t work anyway and is against the net10 Terms of Service

focus on getting your data working. There are only see APNs for data tfdata, wap.tracfone, and att.mvno
      find the one that works for you.

20. Mary | | Reply

Does it need to be an ATT Tmobil sim or can it be a regular AT&T sim cause that’s all I have

21. ciera | | Reply

I have an at&t iPhone unlocked and I’m using net10 I had data until two days ago when my 3g notification turned off and everything stopped working, I have tried every step and still nothing. Please help

Hi, Clera,
      Do you use a lot of data? Is it possible you rerached the 1.5 GB data limit for the billing cycle?

22. Lexi Santiago | | Reply

Thank you soooooo much!

Hi Lexi,
      I am glad the guide helped.

23. Jeromy | | Reply

Does the iPhone have to be unlock to get the cellular data network menu to come up with sim card swap?

24. Savannah | | Reply

I have tried every APN setting and I have downloaded them all and none of them will work for me and I have no idea why.

I responded to Savannah by email.

25. Reina Hernandez | | Reply

Thanks net 10

Hi Reina
      I am not Net 10. But you are welcome for the guide if it helped.

26. Jeanette R | | Reply

I have been reading over the post. I just hooked up an unlocked iphone 4s with metro/t mobile. At first I did not have the option to even click the picture option. I took my phone back to metro the lady did some things to it and now I have the option to click which photo i want to send but every time i send a picture it fails? I am receiving pictures but just not able to send them. Can you help me?

27. darcy | | Reply

I have tried the SIM swap method several times still unable to get cellular data network. Have restored my iphone 4, bought the net 10 pack with 3 cards. Switching from AT&T. The phone I have is suppose to be unlocked. Any help greatly appreciated

28. rachael | | Reply

I don’t seem to have the cellular data thing from step 4

29. Johanny | | Reply

Hi I have a 4s iPhone and I don’t have t-mobile how can I go about getting one

30. Shawnda Watson | | Reply

Hello I just recently got an iphone 3 unlocked that was used with AT&T. I am currently using straight talk and T-Mobile SIM card. I am not able to receive or send picture text or use the internet unless I am using Wi-Fi. This is driving me crazy and as you already know they (straight talk)no longer give the AT&T compatible SIM cards. I need some HELP…. PLEASE!!!

31. Abby | | Reply

I followed all the steps and tried both APN settings for my iphone 4 and it still doesn’t work. Any suggestions?

• Abby | | Reply

I followed all the steps and tried both APN settings for my iphone 4 and it still doesn’t work. In fact, no internet is detected at all. Any suggestions?

• Abby | | Reply

It says 3G in the upper left but when I try to use any internet functions (mail, messaging, etc) it says there’s no connection to the internet.

Hey Abby,
      Did you get data to work following Method #1?

• Abby | | Reply

I ended up calling net10’s technical service last night and they had me open safari on my iphone using my household wifi and go to a specific web address that popped up a window to install a profile. That worked and was so much faster and easier. Now I have phone, texting, and internet all working with the exception of group texts and picture messaging which they said they don’t guarantee in their small print. So, it’s not necessarily cheaper than a regular pay as you go plan from a major carrier because its not comparing apples to apples (same services).

Hi Abby,
          They pretty much told you to do what I said in the email I sent you. Many people do get MMS to work by following the second part of my guide. It doesn’t work for everyone though. You might want to take a look at ATT Pay and Go. It’s $60 a month and i think they do offically support MMS and group texts.

• rachael | | Reply

which site did you go to please help

Hi Rachel,
            IF you follow the guide you should get data and mms to work. Abby did not get MMS to work.

32. Mandy | | Reply

I have an unlocked ATT iPhone 4 IOS 6.1.3 using Net10 ATT sim.
    The carrier settings that worked for me are:
    APN Name: tfdata
    APN: tfdata
    MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com:80
    mms max message size 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

I took out the net10 sim and put in the T-mobile sim. I brought up the cellular data settings and kept them up on my phone while I took out the t-mobile sim and reinstalled the Net10 sim. Changed all carrier settings, hit the home button, then rebooted. I also had to go back into settings and turn iMessage back on and Facetime. Everything is working flawlessly.

Hi Mandy,
      This is awesome! You did it! And should shared what worked for you with everyone else. Remember to bookmark the site and keep the T-Mobile sim someplace safe in case you need to set up the phone again.

33. angel | | Reply

i have the t-mobile sim card in front of me but how do i make it fit into the i phone 4 sim card tray and put it in the phone. PLEASE HELP

34. nicole | | Reply

My data works fine now but mms does not on my iPhone 5 with net 10. Do I still try using sim swap method 2 to get mms to work?

Thanks!

Hey Nicole,
      Yes. Method #1 is for data only. Method 2 for data and MMS.

35. Mike | | Reply

Hi Bob, I am having issues getting the data and mms to work on my Iphone 3gs with tmobile sim. I have tried both methods for getting data, but with no luck. I spent 3 hours on the phone with Net10 technical help but they couldn’t explain why it didn’t work still. I tried using the wap.tracfone apn as well as the the others offered on Unlockit.co.nz.
    Can you help me?

36. tonya | | Reply

I need help..im not seeing the page to change the settings or remove the profile.

Hi Tonya,
      Did you previously install any profiles? Are you using the Net10 ATT or Net10 TMobile SIM? Did you sim swap?

Regards,

37. scott | | Reply

Thanks in advance for your input.I have tried the sim card swap several times and cannot get the “cellular data network” button to appear in “settings”. I have followed every step including turning the phone off and back on with the t-mobile sim card installed. SAny suggestions

38. KT | | Reply

Before I try the guide and mess things up…my iPhone 4 (formerly AT&T) has the Net10 service working for calls, texting, and even picture messaging. The only thing NOT working since I had to reset the phone back to factory settings is the data service. Should I go through the steps of one of these guides to get the data to start working again?

Hi KT,
      Good questions. smart to check up front. For most everyone, calls and SMS text messages work fine with the Net10 SIM in their iPhone. People generally have issues with data and MMS picture messages. You are saying that your voice, text, and picture messages are working but not data. I have not had anyone ever report this case before. Are you sure your picture messages are working? Are you connected to a WiFi network? Do you understan the difference between MMS and iMessage?
      If not, check out: http://smartphonematters.com/guides/understanding-the-difference-between-mms-and-imessage-on-your-iphone/

I’d say if your data is not working, you need to try something… and most Net10 users are able to get data working with minimal effort. MMS is a little harder, but many get it to work. It kind of depends on how badly you want MMS picture messaging to work. I’d say read through the whole guide (The one you left the comment on) and give it a shot.

• KT | | Reply

Thank God for people like you. It worked! I really appreciate your help and the fact that you wrote the guide in an easy step-by-step manner. I especially appreciate the screen shots as I totally need the visual stuff to make sure I’m doing the right thing. Thank you!!!

39. Andrea | | Reply

I have an iphone 3gs with a Net 10 sim for the iphone and I can not seem to get the Cellular Data you talk about to enter all the info to send an receive MMS can you please help me?

40. James | | Reply

Hi Bob, I don;t know if I missed something or not, but I am currently on an iPhone 4S with the Net10 Tmobile SIM. I’m not able to get the MMS working to non-iPhones, but Data is working fine (for the 3G/E speeds). Is there an APN setting I can use?
    Thanks,
    James

Hi James,
      You are in luck. The page you left the comment on is a detailed guide that shows to do to that. Read the entire guide. Since you are using the T-Mobile SIM you won’t need to “SIM Swap”. All the settings you need are right there in the guide.

41. carlos | | Reply

i need help i dont know what to do i have a iphone3gs and i need to know wether i can get service with a sim card.

42. Ben Berry | | Reply

My wife and I just finished our contract with Sprint and wanted to try Straigh Talk for the great price. Since they don’t sell the ATT sim cards anymore I tried the T-Mobile sim. What they don’t tell you is that they use the T-Mobile prepaid towers not their normal towers and reception was so scarce where I am. I switched to Net10 since it’s another company owned by Tracfone, but they have ATT sim cards, and everything other then MMS was working. I followed your “Method 2” and used the “tfdata” settings and everything works now, Data and MMS. Thank you so much. I am in the Palm Springs area if that helps anyone with their setup.

43. elizabeth | | Reply

Hi, I am not tech savvy at all, so I need help 🙂

I just switched from straight talk to Net 10 using an AT&T compatible I phone.I guess my cellular (calling) is working as well as my data( getting the internet), but I can not send or receive pictures via text(I guess that is mms). My friend also has an AT&T compatible iphone she is using with Net 10 and hers is working perfectly. I tried the steps you said, however I don’t have a T mobile sim card to switch with. This phone has an old AT&T sim card in it. Any thoughts how I could get the mms working? THank you!

44. Philip C Smith | | Reply

I have switche from straight talk to NET10 and am using a IPHONE3 now I can text, talk and roam the internet, but cannot send pictures. The mms settings are dependent on my phone and I do not know how to solve this. Please help me get the mms setting right so I can send pictures

Hi Philip,
      The page you left the comment on is a multi page guide that walks you through the process to set up picture messaging. Give it a read from start to finish and let me know if you have any questions.
      Regards,

45. Kailee | | Reply

I used unlockit.co.nz for several months, but one day my 4g on my iPhone 5 quit working and I have tried every net10 apn that there is on here and none are allowing me to get data again. Can you please help me?

Hi Kailee,
      Do you know if you are using the Net10 AT&T SIM or the T-Mobile one? Is it possible you reached the 1.5GB per month data cap. When you reach the limit your data will stop working until your next billing cycle.

46. Caitlyn | | Reply

My only question is does this work on a locked iPhone? My phone just has a Net10 sim in it but is still technically on AT&T.

If you use the Net10 ATT SIM yes, there is some debate about whether MMS will work. Based on reader feedback, I’d say yes.

47. Meeko | | Reply

Hello. I have an unlocked iphone 4s and an At&t sim through Net10. I’ve tried all of the Net10 options and not a single one of them work for me. While on one of them, I believe it was the Net10 iphone option, if I typed something into Safari’s search bar very soon after switching off the wifi, it would load it, but anything I would try to do after that wouldn’t work. It It would say the server stopped responding. I am not sure if it was just a leftover from the wifi or a fluke, but I’m not sure what else to do. Please help 🙁

Hi,
      I replied to Meeko by email.
      Regards,

48. yolipook | | Reply

WOOOOOOOOOOW…unfreaking believable. I spent like an hour typing up my super long post AS I tried everything then not 10 seconds after hitting “Post Comment” I tried opening up chrome and it ACTUALLY opened up. Safari, also. Retried sending MMS/Picture message, actually says it went but waiting on reply to confirm. Imessage working. Opened WAZE and it calculated route and let me open the report police window. SOOooo…I guess I’m up and running. My Wi-fi has been off the whole time and I double checked so I know it’s data.
    Here are the final settings that worked:
    FYI: This on an unlocked, AT&T, iPhone4 that IS jailbroken and running tetherme to access the “Cellular data network” button/APN settings

APN (cellular data and MMS): wap.tracfone
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80
    nothing in MMS US Prof URL

I am in Houston, not sure if that matters. Thanks EVERYONE for your willingness to help others with this stuff!

Hi yollipook,
      Great news. Glad you got it working!

49. yolipook | | Reply

I got an unlocked, ATT, iPhone 4 and activated it with Net10 last fall sometime. Luckily I never updated the iOS to 6.1.3. About a month ago a friend showed me how to jailbreak. I had tried shortly after updating to 6.1.2 (like that day) and jailbreak wasn’t available so after a day or so of researching I just forgot about it.
    About 2 weeks after jailbreaking (June ’13) we went on a long road trip and I had purchased MyWi as my kids were whining about not having internet in the car. I used it for a few days with no problem then the last day of our road trip I started having data connection issues. I thought it was because we were in the middle of nowhere but my texting and talk still worked. It came back intermittently the rest of that day then on for about 3 hours then that night as I neared home it went out again. The next day it was still out so I deleted my unlockit profile and reinstalled it. I tried all of them, there’s like 8 of them, and none of them worked. I have now been without data and mms for two weeks and finally tried the sim swap to no avail. The cellular data network button keeps disappearing. I tried as stated in this guide, I tried changing settings after swapping net10 card back in and I tried changing settings before, I tried the airplane mode on/off trick and it only worked for a few seconds and as soon as i tried to open safari/chrome/app to get the “no data connection” message i would go back in to find the settins via “cellular data network”, it would be gone again.
    I tried SEVERAL times.
    FINALLY, since my phone WAS jailbroken, I did just download tetherme and the “cellular data network” button was there!
    However even with the tfdata settings, which just popped up, I still didn’t have data or MMS.
    I tried the att.mvno settings, nothing.
    I tried the wap.tracfone settings, nothing.
    I tried all with and without the “mms US prof URL” string, still nothing.
    I did not reset, I did not back up, restore to new then restore back up. I’m just tired now. If anyone has any other SIMPLE suggestions, I’m all ears. I’ve already spent 2-3 hours working on this today and don’t feel like going through the restore steps, right now. I’ll update if I get anything to work. Thinking about switching to lycamobile after 7 years with Net10 🙁 Thanks.

50. ben | | Reply

can I use my hotspot on my iphone on net10

Hi Ben,
      I have never gotten it to work either. Net10 claims not to support it. I think people with jail broken phones use an app called tetherme.