In this video, you’ll learn about SIM Adapters.
Use a SIM Adapter to turn a smaller SIM into a larger one.
You need a SIM adapter if your current SIM is too small to fit into the smartphone you want to use it in.
There are a number of good reasons to move your SIM between phones. If you broke your current phone, you might want to use your older phone you might want to use your old phone while the current one is being repaired or replaced. Another reason is that you might want to try a different phone. If you are currently using and iPhone 5s and want to try a different phone, the SIM in your iPhone 5s is too small to fit in other phones. Use a SIM adapter to make it fit.
To use your iPhone 5s’ SIM in a iPhone 3g:
- Remove the sim tray from the iPhone 3g
- Remove the tray from the iPhone 3g
- Observe the nano sim is too small to fit in the iPhone 3g’s Standard SIM tray
- Place the nano SIM in the standard sim adapter and align the cut corners
- Insert the tray into the iphone and align the cut corners
- Notice iPhone recognizes the SIM
To use your iPhone 5s’s SIM in a Nexus 5
- Remove the sim tray from the nexus 5
- Observe the nano SIM doesn’t fit in the Nexus 5’s micro SIM tray
- Place the nano SIM in the nano SIM to Micro SIM adapter and align the cut corners
- Insert the tray into the nexus 5 and align the cut corners
- Restart the Nexus 5
- Observe the SIM is now active in the Nexus 5
More about the SIM adapters
The SIM adapters are made of plastic, similar to the plastic part of the SIM. They have a cutout covered with a clear piece of thin plastic where the SIM is inserted. You can order SIM adapters on Amazon or eBay. The offered by different sellers and the prices range from a $1.50 to $3.
I like to buy several packages at a time. The adapters wear out over time and I want to have replacements on hand. I haven’t seen SIM adapters sold in any stores so when you need one you’ll have to wait for it to be delivered. I also like to try ny buy some different brands because some may work bettter than others. You will never really know what the seller is going to send you regardless of images posted online.
Finally, SIM adapters work well with phones that use SIM trays. Be careful with phones that have slots where you have to slide or push the SIM in. If the SIM becomes seperated from the adapter it is hard to remove and you could damage your phone.
Thanks. So the size of the sims wouldn’t have anything to do with not getting 3gs?
It would not. And I posted my new video on sim adapters if you want to see how to use one.
Comments are closed.